Irish Chilli & Garlic Potatoes
· 900 g of Irish potatoes, peeled and thinly sliced
· 300 ml milk
· 150 ml fresh cream
· 4 Taylor’s of Lusk Irish Garlic cloves peeled and sliced
· ½ Taylor’s of Lusk Irish Chilli chopped and de-seeded
· Salt and freshly ground black pepper
· A sprinkle of grated mozzarella cheese
· Put the potatoes, milk, cream, garlic, chilli and the salt and pepper in a large saucepan and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat and simmer for 3 minutes stirring regularly.
· Remove from the heat and transfer the potatoes and sauce to an ovenproof baking dish. Sprinkle the cheese on top.
· Bake for 40-50 minutes at 180 degrees until the potatoes are cooked and the top golden.
· 75 g Pack of Basil
· 50 g Pine nuts (cashews or pistachios also work well)
· 130 ml Extra virgin olive oil or rapeseed oil and extra for sealing
· 50 g Grated Parmesan
· 1 x 4 cm Piece Taylor’s of Lusk Irish Wet garlic, chopped
· Black pepper (to season)
· Toast the pine nuts in a pan until golden brown. Set aside.
· Add the basil, pine nuts, garlic and half the oil to a small blender. Blend on high, gradually adding the rest of the oil in. Add the parmesan and blend again for 10 seconds. Season with Pepper.
· Store in a sealed jar and top with a little oil to keep it fresh. It will keep for up to 2 weeks once refrigerated.
Note: Regular Taylor’s of Lusk Irish Garlic can be used in place of wet garlic. Substitute 1-2 cloves of garlic instead.