Roast Chicken Tray with Taylor's of Lusk Braised Onions by Chef Daniel Lambert
- 1 whole free range chicken
- 300ml olive oil
- 1 whole bulb of water garlic by Taylor’s of Lusk
- 3 large pink onions by Taylor’s of Lusk
- 1 lemon
- 1 bunch of thyme or rosemary
- 1 tbls Paprika
- 500 ml veg stock
- start off by marinating the chicken with the chopped up herbs, salt, pepper, lemon juice and paprika in a mortar and pestle.
- stuff the chicken with the lemon, baby shallots, thyme or rosemary.
- for the braised onions, sear the onions in a pan until charred, add in the vegetable stock and slowly simmer for 1 hour.
- to cook the chicken, cover with tin foil and cook in a preheated oven @ 160C for 1 hour. After 1 hour, re glaze the chicken, take off the tin foil and cook @200C for 6 mins and colour the chicken.
- the juices should run clear and the meat should be white.
More from: Onion Roast Chicken